by Tracey A. Smith, M.Ed., CTRS
For many, the workplace environment has become increasingly intense. The extremely high levels of stress are due in part to companies re-organizing and restructuring, and employee layoffs. Fewer people are left to do more. With most of our awake hours spent in the workplace with co-workers, we may find that we are not bringing our best selves home but rather arriving home to our families with our energy depleted. How can we change this?
Our work place environment is full of all types of energies and vibrations (i.e. healing, negative, energizing, positive, competitive, cooperative, fast-paced, draining). Energy is everywhere, and it is felt in our bodies. Do you know what your body feels like when it is low on energy? Low vibrational energy impacts our productivity, creativity and relationship building – at the workplace and everywhere in our lives.
Being more mindful of taking a holistic approach to our self-care includes focusing on our wellness in the workplace. We can learn to be more purposeful in rituals and tips to increase well-being while at work. Healing is a daily practice. Here are a few tips you may want to include to design your own work lifestyle.
- Positive affirmations to start your day
- Use of aromas for self and office (essential oils) – helps shift energy
- Look out the window toward the sky or look at a picture of your favorite scenic place
- Take time to do desktop yoga
- Be mindful of eating your lunch slowly, chewing slowly, and drinking water after you finish eating. Take time for lunch!!!!
As the owner of Wellness WRKS LLC, I offer a variety of Wellness in the Workplace workshops and trainings designed to create a culture of wellness in your agency or corporation. This is experienced best in a “Top down approach”, empowering administration and management, and then bringing the learning to employees, so that all can recognize their widest spectrum of potential and leadership. Clients served by these organizations then have the opportunity to experience the same.
The Workplace Wellness workshops use creative interactive tools. Primary objectives of all programs include:
· To increase an awareness of the need for self-care and well-being in the workplace
· To increase productivity, performance & enthusiasm
· To increase evidence of risk management & decreased burnout/apathy
· To increase evidence of healthy work habits, leadership & stress management
· To assist with conflict transformation and participants’ positive interactions when facilitating change and re-organizing company structure.
In light of our present economic climate, the workshops can be a refreshing adjunct to stress management and positive change for your employees. We also provide program development consultation and train-the-trainer programming in the following areas: Training and Workshop Facilitation, Diversity Training & Cross Cultural Communication, Conflict Transformation, Re-Motivation and Lifestyle Management. To learn more, go to www.wellnesswrksllc.com
I am interested in learning more about your mission, vision, programs and challenges. Together, we can develop customized wellness action plans and develop a wellness mission for your organization. I also love helping organizations design meaningful and enriching organizational retreats.
To contact me regarding these valuable services, email email@example.com or call 215-605-3221